Originally Web posted Wednesday, 26 June 2013.
Content last modified
Wednesday, 26 June 2013
Fidelipac “Stereo 350” (gray)
The Fidelipac Stereo 350 was an evolutionary kludge to keep the old design competitive in changing times. It is identical to the 300 with the following exceptions:
- Pads are curvy instead of straight (no, i don’t know why)
- The corner post has a screwdriver-adjustable metal top guiding surface
- The pencil leads are gone from the hub, and the hub is a one-piece molding so the center won’t want to take leave as easily.
Parts are completely interchangeable between the 350 and the 300, but please try to observe the following:
- KALX need only stock one kind of pad for both of these. The 350 pads (part #302) are the pads of choice, but 300 pads (part #306) may be substituted if necessary. If anyone can find a cheaper or longer-lasting substitute, please get it in massive quantities! Fidelipac lives off its replacement pad profits. KALX also uses Fidelipac pads in Tapex carts that need pads.
- Keep 350 screw-adjust guideposts on carts with 350 top covers, so the hole will be there to allow adjustment. Adjust for minimum size which allows uncurled tape movement, or for best tape/source response in a stereo recorder. Although it serves no practical function, keeping 350 hubs in 350 carts is aesthetically pleasing, and keeps this senile cartmeister inexplicably happy.
Cart Caretaking The Sonically Pure Pages
This Siber-Sonically Pure Page is , , and Transitional compliant.