Links to additional information and similar sites
Here are some links to sites the author has found useful for information regarding character sets as used on the Internet:
- HTML entities for the Macintosh character set
- A similar table to the set i've provided on these pages, except sorted in MacOS character set order, and fine-tuned to the needs of those who want a quick lookup to convert from MacOS characters to something maximally likely to work across modern browsers.
- Character set information from W3C
- Solid background information from the international WWW standards-setting agency. An excellent starting point.
- Character entity references in HTML 4
- The official W3C table of character entity (name) references. Similar data to this page, organized in a different way.
- ISO 8859-1 Latin 1 and Unicode characters
- Outstanding alternative/complement to this site. Highly recommended!
- Entity References
- A very useful and well-updated set of tables similar to those on this site.
- Martin Ramsch - ISO-8859-1 Table
- Basic version of tables as listed above and on this site. Not recently updated as of the last link verification date.
- WIK - Annotated Table of Characters
- The source of the "controversial" characters at the end of this table. Also a good source of glyphs drawn better than on this site. Not recently updated as of the last link verification date.
- Apple - The Standard Roman Character Set
- The standard character set used by Mac OS-compatible computers.
- The ANSI Character Set
- The standard character set used by Microsoft Windows OSes, and apparently the basis of the ISO Latin 1 standard. Made available online by Fingertip Software, Inc. Note that this page may not display correctly on non-Wintel platforms.
- Unicode Consortium home page
- The place to go for information on the Unicode standard.
- ISO Online
- Home page for ISO, the International Standards Organization, promulgator of the ISO-8859 series of standards, plus related standards.
The Sonically Pure home page
This Siber-Sonically Pure site section is and Transitional compliant.